Post-Doctoral Fellowship (Part-time; PhD)
We offer training and supervision to post-doctoral fellows in child adolescent clinical psychology. We seek compassionate and comprehensively trained fellows who specialize in working with children, adolescents and families. Our training program is focused on expanding fellow’s skills in neuropsychological and psycho-diagnostic evaluation, early childhood assessment, Autism assessment, evidence-based therapies and consultation.
Primary Clinical Activities:
- Provide evidence-based interventions: Seesaw clinicians provide therapy and consultation for children and adolescents across multiple modalities including CBT, DBT, social skills coaching, behavior therapy (exposure response prevention), parent coaching, and school consultation. Services are provided in individual, dyad, parent-child/family, and group formats, which includes social emotional learning classes and playgroups. Skills-based, solution-focused, brief therapy are offered at Seesaw.
- Conduct comprehensive neuropsychological and psycho-diagnostic evaluations: Fellows conduct integrated strength-based assessments to address a range of referral questions about: Autism spectrum, giftedness/twice exceptional, ADHD/LD, anxiety or mood dysregulation, and developmental delay.
Candidates have completed their doctoral training from a university clinical science or scientist-practitioner training program.
Clinical or School Psychology doctoral training and 2-5 years of experience conducting cognitive, academic, behavioral, social-emotional and early child developmental assessment and evidence-based interventions (i.e., CBT, DBT, ERP, mindfulness, ACT).
Our fellows are immersed in both evaluation and treatment duties and work closely with youth, families and schools.
Please share with us:
- Why would you like to work on our team at Seesaw?
- What experiences have shaped your skills in facilitating groups for young clients?
- Are you interested in working in SF, Burlingame or both? Do you have car transportation?
- Are you a Mac user? Are you technologically savvy?
- What languages do you speak?
Please submit the following application materials to Sabrina Gabel, Clinic Director.
- Sample neuropsychological or psycho-diagnostic report (de-identified)
- Treatment summary or therapy progress notes (de-identified)
- Two professional references
- Two letters of recommendation
- Cover letter describing training experience in cognitive, neuropsychological, academic, social/behavioral/emotional assessment and therapies.
This is a Part-Time, two year fellowship. Highly competitive stipend.
To view our Postdoctoral Handbook click here.